Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Design & Dissent: Feminism (one minute movie campaign)


The movie ended up being about how feminists still ‘practice’ racial discrimination amongst themselves, so I had to continue my campaign in a way which would compliment the movie but also extend the concept and make the message clear. Considering that I wanted to show that as it is, the movement of feminism is not ‘strong’ enough to be taken seriously because it has cracks in its foundations, I then based my concept around the call to action for feminists to unite.




My campaign concept was based on a piggy back of the existing American Feminism campaign, “This Is What Feminism Looks Like” . This was a very publised and generalised campaign which while calling for more members, also educated more people to the constitution of feminism of what they fight for. The campaign thrived more on social networks, where anybody could place a picture of themselves with the title “This Is What Feminism Looks Like” and just lime that, could be extending the message to more people. This was a very successful campaign.

Using this idea would fit perfectly into what I was trying to achieve as I was to illustrate that feminists need to unite. To cater to this, I would take pictures of the most random characters, and state that anybody can be a feminist, and one can never really tell, but all members should be accepted and not discriminated against. I planned to take pictures of both genders, all races, and from all kinds of cultural backgrounds; and have the strapline saying “This Is What Feminism Looks Like.”








PACKAGING:     CD COVER; POINT OF SALE STAND






VIRAL MARKETING:     POSTCARDS









VIRAL MARKETING:     POSTER PLACEMENT





No comments:

Post a Comment